Terms of Booking
By booking a stay with us (the property owners) you (the lead guest/group representative/booking agent) and all members of your party agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions listed here. During your stay you agree to be bound by subsequent relevant terms and conditions.
To book a stay with us the majority of your party must be twenty-eight years of age or older. If the person making the booking is not part of the group staying they may still be held liable for cancellation fees, damages and/or forfeiture of deposit as set out within these terms.
To secure a booking a deposit must be paid at the point of booking. This deposit amount is 25% of the total cost of the booking. The deposit must be cleared funds before a booking is confirmed. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provided. This does not form a contract between us. A contract is only formed once your booking deposit is cleared and your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via email.
The number of people occupying the premises shall not exceed the maximum number of guests stated as part of the occupancy details set out on the website.
Check-in is from 4:30pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is by 10:00am on the day of departure.
We do not accept reservations for parties or stag or hen dos. By booking a stay with us you confirm that you will not be using the property for any of these purposes. Additionally, all guests agree to respect the peace and privacy of other guests, neighbours and residents of the village at all time. To this end, The Wilds is installed with a Minut noise monitoring system in the pergola, bar and living / dining room which records decibel levels. It does not record speech or any other discernible sounds/data. By booking a stay with us, you accept that noise levels are monitored and that we reserve the right to cancel with immediate effect and without notice the stay of any guest(s) who consistently make anti-social levels of noise or cause distress or disturbance to others in the village. In such instances, any deposits will be forfeited and no refund will be issued.
The owners have taken every care to ensure the accuracy of the property description on their website and elsewhere, including on third party website and in marketing or advertising materials. All information is provided in good faith and is believed to be correct.
By booking a stay with us you agree to:
- Vacate the premises without demand at the agreed check-out time of 10:00am (unless an alternative or late checkout has been agreed in advance) at the end of the booking period.
- Not smoke (including e-cigarettes/vaping) within the property,
- Relieve the owners, our agents or employees from any liability for damage or injury, however caused, by any member of the party.
In the following instances there will be additional charges:
- For breakages, loss, spillage or damage. You and your party should report any deficiency which occurs during their stay. Where appropriate, and bearing in mind reasonable wear and tear during the course of business, you and your party will be liable to pay the replacement or repair cost of the broken, lost or damaged item as applicable.
- Dogs. Unfortunately, we do not allow dogs without prior agreement. If we find evidence of dogs (dog hair on furniture, carpets or beds or dog mess) without such agreement we reserve the right to retain £250 of the deposit to cover our additional cleaning expenses.
- We understand that guests come to The Wilds to have fun and relax. However, should we discover physical evidence of over-indulgence (i.e. vomit), anywhere but a toilet we will deduct £250 from the deposit for every such instance to cover the associated additional cleaning fees.
- Smoking. Smoking is prohibited in the property. Smoking inside the property will set off fire alarms and incur a £500 fee for additional cleaning fees.
- The loss of a key will be charged at £50 per key to cover replacement and delivery of the spare key. The managing agents will be able to deliver a spare key should you lose your key - please contact them directly if this is the case. Contact details are in the Touchstay pack provided on arrival.
In the event that any individual term or clause stated in this contract is not permissible by law the remainder of the contract shall remain valid. These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
DEPOSITS, CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
To secure any booking we require a deposit at the point of booking of 25% of the total value of the stay. Deposits will not be refunded in the event of cancellation, except where we receive a subsequent booking for the same length of time over the same dates. Any partial bookings will receive a partial deposit refund, calculated by comparing the value of the cancelled and the new booking.
We require the balance of the booking value 5 weeks (35 days) before the arrival date. If cancellation occurs within 35 days of the arrival date, a refund will not be given unless we receive another booking for the same length of time over the same dates. If we receive a partial booking a partial refund will be given, calculated by comparing the value of the cancelled and the new booking. We may treat the booking as cancelled if the balance of payment is not received within the final 5 weeks before the arrival date.
If the booking is made within 35 days of the arrival date the full booking amount is required to secure the booking.
Guests who do not honour their booking (i.e. a “no-show”) will not receive any refund. We recommend all guests have suitable holiday insurance as required.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for events or circumstances outside of our control and that our liability to you will be limited to the value of any payment already made to us.
SMOKING, WiFi AND PARKING
Smoking or consumption of any tobacco products or e-cigarettes is prohibited throughout the entire property including the terrace and garden.
Wifi is provided throughout the house and guests agree to use it fairly and appropriately. We may monitor usage to ensure all guests have fair access to the internet. The internet is provided for general use such as internet browsing, checking emails, music streaming, social media and light video usage. It is not intended for data-heavy activities such as gaming, extensive downloads or uploads or heavy media streaming. Access to illegal activity or illegal websites is prohibited and any such activity will result in your booking being terminated and your details being reported to local authorities.
Unmonitored on-street parking and public parking is available in Milton-under-Wychwood. Guests accept that they park and leave their vehicles at their own risk.
We will endeavour to return any lost property that we find after a stay. We may offer to post the item(s) back to guests at our costs, otherwise we will arrange a collection. Lost property will be disposed of after 30 days if not collected or arrangements made for posting.